How to get url?

Neriokas

Try this I had the same problems yesterday and i found this function it works great.

function curPageURL()
{

$pageURL = 'http';		//Begins building Url

if ($_SERVER["HTTPS"] == "on") {$pageURL .= "s";}	// checks to see if it is a secure page if so adds s

$pageURL .= "://";		//adds next part of url

if ($_SERVER["SERVER_PORT"] != "80") 
	{
		$pageURL .= $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].":".$_SERVER["SERVER_PORT"].$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"];
	}else{
		$pageURL .= $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"];
	}
		return $pageURL;
}	// End Function curPageURL()

Good luck

• 5 months later...

$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] will give you the current file plus any get vars in the uri

to get the full uri, you would use:

$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']

I'd also recommend the function parse_url() to break it down into pieces for you.

I guess a URL can be got in many ways. You can get it for free from any space in internet, yahoo, google, etc. but also you can buy it in many other hosting services (there are many prices starting 2 dollar a month or so).

It really depends what do you need the URL for.

What languague is your primary?

Okay i have a very simple question, I'm kind of a noob in php + my english is 2nd language but ill try to explain this.

how to get an url?

<?php

$url = url;

echo $url;

?>

how to get the url of the page that a person is on that moment at?

I guess a URL can be got in many ways. You can get it for free from any space in internet, yahoo, google, etc. but also you can buy it in many other hosting services (there are many prices starting 2 dollar a month or so).

It really depends what do you need the URL for.

What languague is your primary?

LOL hes not talking about getting a free/paid host, neither a domain name. He wants to get the current url by using php. And a URL (technically correct would be URI) is the address of the page, like www.yahoo.com, www.mysite.com/index.php etc.

You know that's not what he meant, he meant getting the url of the current page, not buying a URL, don't be sarcastic.  You must have known that, I mean, read your quote, he clearly said "how to get the url of the page that a person is on that moment", he must already have a webserver and a domain.

Its okay to be a newbie, take a look at topics to learn something and maybe post sometime if u feel u know that, but this guy ignored what everyone else wrote and went on giving advices on free hosts. Its practically nosense.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.