• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 timtom3

timtom3
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:54 PM

Hi My ISP doesn't allow me to use the system command or CRON jobs, I need a tutorial that will create a back up script for the past 7 days on a page load probably that will run once a day if a particular page is visited does anybody know of such a tutorial?

#2 utahcon

utahcon
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:05 PM

[!--quoteo(post=366917:date=Apr 20 2006, 01:54 PM:name=timtom3)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(timtom3 @ Apr 20 2006, 01:54 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hi My ISP doesn't allow me to use the system command or CRON jobs, I need a tutorial that will create a back up script for the past 7 days on a page load probably that will run once a day if a particular page is visited does anybody know of such a tutorial?
[/quote]

Most hosts will provide a contained CRON or schedule task that you can hammer out.

If that is 100% not an option you can create a scheduled task on your own machine to call a PHP script once a day and run your script.

Other than doing one of those two there is nothing I know that will solve this problem for you.

BTW - Which host is this so I can avoid them.

#3 timtom3

timtom3
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 11:12 PM

[!--quoteo(post=366922:date=Apr 20 2006, 01:05 PM:name=utahcon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(utahcon @ Apr 20 2006, 01:05 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Most hosts will provide a contained CRON or schedule task that you can hammer out.

If that is 100% not an option you can create a scheduled task on your own machine to call a PHP script once a day and run your script.

Other than doing one of those two there is nothing I know that will solve this problem for you.

BTW - Which host is this so I can avoid them.
[/quote]

its streamline.net

They have given me shh. access but apparently they don't allow cron jobs or the use of system command.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users