Dreamweaver FTP problem

Okay i was connecting to my site thru FTP and everything was working. The sites pages were being saved etc.

I went away and when i came back i edited a few files and tried to save them. When i tried to save them Dreamweaver told me that it had skipped the files. I refreshed my page and the page had seemingly dissapeared. I checked in my control panel and the page had been deleted. In my ftp results it said...

The file "public_html/fortress.php" was skipped because the old remote file could not be deleted.
> CWD /public_html
< 250 OK. Current directory is /public_html
> PWD
< 257 "/public_html" is your current location

I think this might either be something with my FTP or with the file permissions on my site changing somehow... Any help will be appreciated ALOT.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.