Not sure where to start with creating a php/mysql registration script

garbagedigger

I'm working on some sites and I want to be able to make it so users can register and have accounts at mysite. Ideally, I would like to create a system very similar to the current one at this site. It would be nice to have a picture text verification, or some kind of confirmation by email or both unless that is being too secure against fake sign ups.

Where would one start on this? I have been reading mysql for sometime and I have a good grasp of creating relational databases. I also know how to use css. I have read some C and fooled around with some simple php scripts. I just need to figure out the code involved in creating a user registration page.

Do I need to go to school for it? Are there any good books that run you through it?

Thanks!@

THANKS YO! ;D I also found out the name of the picture text verification thing. It is called "captcha."

Here is some freely available code for it in case there are others who are interested:

http://www.ejeliot.com/pages/2

I have started the http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/ on registration. It is very basic but it does a good simple job at breaking it down.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.