Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mmosel

mail function and email time sent

It's strange, when I send an email via mail() in php (hosted on my local server), the time of the email get's stamped an hour ahead of my computer's time. When I send email via my email client, the time stamp is correct. Odd. The only thing I can think of is that it's not accounting for the daylight savings time shift. Anyone know about this?

[!--quoteo(post=367095:date=Apr 20 2006, 11:38 PM:name=Dobakat)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Dobakat @ Apr 20 2006, 11:38 PM) [snapback]367095[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Does your computer has the same time as your host?
[/quote]

Well, in this case, I [i]am [/i]the host! :)

[!--quoteo(post=367094:date=Apr 20 2006, 09:31 PM:name=mmosel)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(mmosel @ Apr 20 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback]367094[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
It's strange, when I send an email via mail() in php (hosted on my local server), the time of the email get's stamped an hour ahead of my computer's time. When I send email via my email client, the time stamp is correct. Odd. The only thing I can think of is that it's not accounting for the daylight savings time shift. Anyone know about this?
[/quote]

Sounds like a pretty reasonable assumption, especially if it's exactly one hour difference. Of course without OS info, there's very little else anyone can offer in aid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.