mails sent to gmail are going to spam folder automatically . problem.

sowmithrii

You will find that for many large email hosts

hotmail

yahoo

gmail

They are onto people who own servers that think its fun to send 500,000 emails in a batch

So, most times emails will go to spam folder, unless you are signed up as a BOUNDED SENDER or something, I know hotmail uses that

When I receive emails from PHPFreaks, they go to my junkmail, and phpfreaks is trusted

Gmail is lighter than hotmail, but, they arnt going to let just anyone send emails from a randomer server and have it go to a users inbox

I have never been able to get around it, best I've got is paying $$$ to be on bounded sender list

Start by checking your domain's DNS records at www.dnsreport.com. Most serious DNS errors, no SPF record, and any mail server configuration problems will get your email a high junk/spam rating.

The headers you put into your email (posting your code will help show if there are any problems) will also get your email a junk/spam rating if they are malformed, missing, or say you are sending From: gmail/hotmail... when you are in fact not sending through a gmail/hotmail mail server...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.