Moved MySQL database to new server, cannot quite link it all back up

mgreen81

Hi all,

I was recently given the task of moving a MySQL database from an ageing server to a newer shiny one. The databse is used on our company's internal webpage (written in PHP) as a number generator for documents.

On the PHP page, you should see 2 dropdown boxes, on which you can select project/document type from the MySQL database. You then click the submit button and it generates a unique document code.

It works fine on the old server, but we are getting rid of that server in the new year.

I setup PHP fine on the new server, and copied from the old server the database and pasted it in the correct place on the new server. I then copied/pasted the PHP webpages and updated the code/usernames/passwords to match the new server.

Everything seems to be ok, and appears as it should except for the fact that the 2 dropdown boxes are empty.

I know (well I presume) it is connecting to the database ok, becuase if I change the username or password in the php code to make it incorrect, the page just dispays a message saying that it cannot connect to the database.

But why can I not see the data?

Help please!....This is driving me nuts :-(

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.