Saving POST data when jumping from .php files?

vozzek

Hi everyone, real quick question:

I'm on a page with a whole bunch of $_POSTed data.  Is there a way I can jump to another .php page (to accomplish an SQL function) and then jump back to this page... somehow keeping the $_POST data?  Or I am pipe-dreaming?

Thanks in advance.

Because to run the query on the page I'd need to call a php function.  Writing the function is no problem, but the function will run on page load... which IS a problem.  The only way around that (or so I've been told) is to learn AJAX.  If there's another way, I'm open to it.

Two weeks ago I spent two days working on adding some AJAX to my shopping cart, in an effort to make things easier.  I ended up punching a hole in a sheetrock wall (for real), and I have to say, I'm a pretty easy going guy.  Javascript, CSS, php... I picked that stuff up pretty fast.  But AJAX?  I hit a brick wall on that one.  I really did make an effort though, and I want you guys to know that.

I guess I don't really need a function.  It's not a query, actually... I need to do an UPDATE to my shopping cart table:  tbl_cart.

A radio button on my checkout page will allow the user to choose a gift certificate denomination ($25, $50, $75, $100) and once they hit the "Add to Order" button I want to add this selection to the shopping cart and then refresh the page.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.