• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Silvana

Silvana
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:26 PM

[!--coloro:#000000--][span style=\"color:#000000\"][!--/coloro--][!--fonto:Verdana--][span style=\"font-family:Verdana\"][!--/fonto--]PHPMyAdmin Version: phpMyAdmin 2.6.1-pl3

I've configured the config.inc.php file to to use the Auth_type cookie, and now I get this message when I try to login to index.php:

The configuration file now needs a secret passphrase (blowfish_secret).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

-Silvana[!--fontc--][/span][!--/fontc--][!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--]

#2 phpunderground

phpunderground
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 03:09 PM

[!--quoteo(post=367278:date=Apr 21 2006, 02:26 PM:name=Silvana)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silvana @ Apr 21 2006, 02:26 PM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[!--coloro:#000000--][span style=\"color:#000000\"][!--/coloro--][!--fonto:Verdana--][span style=\"font-family:Verdana\"][!--/fonto--]PHPMyAdmin Version: phpMyAdmin 2.6.1-pl3

I've configured the config.inc.php file to to use the Auth_type cookie, and now I get this message when I try to login to index.php:

The configuration file now needs a secret passphrase (blowfish_secret).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

-Silvana[!--fontc--][/span][!--/fontc--][!--colorc--][/span][!--/colorc--]
[/quote]
i'm having the same trouble thing is i did set the blowfish_secret passphrase in the config.inc.php file in /etc/...

however it still wont work.

#3 wildteen88

wildteen88
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 03 May 2006 - 03:41 PM

To set the blowfish secret you need to configure the following line in the config.inc.php
$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = '';

Now you need to enter your blowfish secret between the two ' I set mine as phpMySQL. Howver I prefer the http setting rather than the cookie setting for the auth type. Now save the file and load phpMyAdmin up and it should now ask you for your username and password.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users