Rating and Comment Systems

mmmlolipops

I ask of you guys two things. Here is what I want:

A rating system just like the one on youtube, but instead of stars the visitor grades it A, B, C, D, or F.

ALSO

A comment system where ANY visitor can post a comment. In one field they would put their name; and in a field below it they type their review.

THANKS TO ALL.

Well we normally don't do it for you, but most of us will help you as you go.

If this is the first project you've done with PHP, I'd recommend you start a bit smaller and do some basics first so you can understand how PHP works.

Their are lots of tutorials on the internet for this sort of stuff. If you www.google.co.uk what you're looking for and work from there. If you come across any problems whilst attempting to create those scripts you want, pop a question in the forums and people will glady help.

Well, nobody is going to write it all for you.  Peope may help when you get stuck.

So, you need a form and a script to process the form data and save it to a database and a method of retrieving and displaying information from your database.

What do you have so far?

if you want you can take the code i am using in my thread 'http 503 error'. save the script that wildteen88 edited and that is

basically an add comments form w/ all the SQL. get that working first and then add the user rating to that page after you have

got the comments working.

well, here is some of my review system thing:

<form method="post" action="what do I put here?">

Name: <input type="text" size="10" maxlength="40" name="text"> <br />

Review: <input type="text" size="200"

maxlength="500" name="review"><br />

<input type="submit" value="Submit Review">

</form>

yeah im not sure what the action should be.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.