[SOLVED] To get phone number from datas.

chanchelkumar

Ok...

suppose

$check="front street Unique historical building Office Space - 1925 square foot + Call xxx-xxx-xxxx (18 Nov 2007) (xxx) xxxxxxx, - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";

this value is coming from database table....

and i want to take this phone number from that varible...

i tried with preg_match...

$US_PHONE_PREG ="/^(?:\+?1[\-\s]?)?(\(\d{3}\)|\d{3})[\-\s\.]?"; //area code
    $US_PHONE_PREG.="(\d{3})[\-\.]?(\d{4})/"; // seven digits
preg_match($US_PHONE_PREG,$check, $matches);
echo "</br>";
echo $matches[1];

it returns me no value...

Based on your data set:

<pre>
<?php
$data = 'front street Unique historical building Office Space - 1925 square foot + Call xxx-xxx-xxxx (18 Nov 2007) (xxx) xxxxxxx, - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx';
preg_match_all('/
	\(?\d{3}\)?
	\D?
	\d{3}
	\D?
	\d{4}
/x', $data, $matches);
print_r($matches);
?>
</pre>

Tip: Avoid being excessive in smilies (:):(;):D) and punctuation?!?!. It's unnecessary.

Normally we don't provide full code examples without some work from you.  Unless you don't know anything about PHP, we're here to help you when you get stuck with the code, not write it for you.

Also, please be careful about using personal/work information about locations and/or phone numbers in the future.  I've removed all the references from the thread.  It may not bother you, but others could use the information in a malicious manner.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.