How to video stream 50 MB FLV video to my website?

patmagpantay

Hello! Currently I have a 50MB Video in  " Progressive Download Video " set on my Dreamweaver CS3 made website, but the problem is it is too slow! I am guessing that the " Progressive Download Video " setting is not for me. I am looking into " Streaming Video " thinking that it will be faster that way, Am I correct by thinking this way? Since its going to be a 50 MB movie clip I guess it is the way to go. While trying to set up " Streaming Videos " I am stuck at " rtmp:// " I don't have a clue to what this is and what to type into it? I tried pointing it to the web address on my server but it says " Please enter valid server URI in the form of rtmp://myserver/myapp/myinstance. " How do I fix this problem? Thanks in advance!

once you have created your streaming flash video and uploaded it to your website, you refer to it using an embed tag in your web page.  Use the same format as the embed tags available from youtube.com for their videos except use your video url in it.  (youtube uses steaming flash)

If you do not have the ability to encode the streaming flash yourself, you could upload it to youtube and then just paste the embed tag provided by them into your web page.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.