How do I achieve this?Iframe?

freebsdntu

Hi, the design is like this.

In a webpage,I have a left side navigator occupying about 20% of the width,the remain 80% on the right becomes the content part.

Say in the navigation bar,there are several links, and I would like to display corresponding contents on the right depending on which link the user presses. How do I achieve this? I have heard of the Iframe approach, but my concern is the compatibility with browsers,is there an alternative way to achieve it in php?

Thank you very much!

You can set the url up to do something like

www.yourdomain.com?page=1

www.yourdomain.com?page=2

www.yourdomain.com?page=3

Store all the page details in a database. The use the $_get function to get the page id. Then query the database on the page id and echo out all the information from the results.

I just did a google search,if I understand it correctly,it should be implying the start of a query string.

Back to the main issue,if I do that,I would have to load the entire page,don't I?

What if I only want to load the content portion,rather then the link portion which is the same for all the pages?

From what i understand the links will remain the same and dont reload. All that is changing is the query results. Therefore all thats changing is the content.

So when you click a link. The query results will change automatically and that content will be displayed. You will on have one page for all your information.

<?php
include 'config.php';

//button stuff
$search = adam

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM RTE WHERE Page_Group ='$search' ") or die(mysql_error());
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
$pagename = $row['Page_Name'];
echo '<a href="http://adamplowman.co.uk/cycling/rte/rte.php?pagename='.urlencode($pagename).'">'. $pagename.'</a>';
echo "<br />";
} 
include 'closedb.php';
?>

That search my database for all the pages related to adam. It then creates a link with the name adam.

then when the link is pressed the following code will be on that page.

$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM  RTE WHERE Page_Name = '$search'");
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
  {
  $text = $row['text'];
  $id= $row['text_id'];
  $title= $row['title'];
$subtitle= $row['sub_heading'];
   }

this select all the information about adam and sets it into a variable. Then in my html code i just do echo $text;

Hope this helps

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.