My page doesnt work properly in different browsers

Jesse999

Hi,

I'm working with a web page that is related to my studies, and im having difficulties with getting the page to work with different browsers. It works just fine with mozilla and safari but when i try it in explorer the text doesnt show as it should and some things get moved around. I'm using XHTML 1.0 Strict

I checked around a bit and realized that im way out of my league here, so i humbly ask for some help here :)

I did figure this problem to be related to utf-8,iso and all that, though im not really sure what "all that" is.

I'm hoping this is a common problem and that someone have some pointers in the right direction.

Thanks,

Jess

use a good doctype (I prefer xhtml 1.1) - this will give you a head start as it makes ie6 use 'almost' standards compliant mode.

design in firefox (checking regularly in ie7 and what ever other browsers you have handy) then use a conditional comment to include a style sheet for ie6 that has JUST the fixes you need to make ie 6 do the right thang...

Bobs your uncle... nice site where ever you visit from.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.