Is there an oppotite function of md5?

freebsdntu

I am writing a script to display user profile and let the user edit his or her profile.

Regarding the password field,since it is stored as md5 hash string in the database,so how can I get it back to normal string?

Also would there be any security issues in doing the conversion? I would display the password as password input type,of course.

Any hints?Thank you!

yeah. But the good thing is it also means if a hacker somehow gets the md5 hashes from the database they are unlikly to ever get the exact password (partly because there are more than one combinations that give the eact same hash value) so while that might let them into your website it's unlikly that they can get into other websites with the same users (because so many people use the same password on almost every forum, site etc they register for)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.