[SOLVED] nube needs help

waledorf

Hey guys and girls,

I have just made a website for personal use which uses PHPbb ver2 Forums.

The forum loads within a frame and work great when logged in. The problem I have which I hope you can help me with is this:

If your not logged in, and you load the forum (within a frame) it removes the frame when you do log in. Nothing but logging in causes this to happen.

I imagine there is some php code somewhere in the forum that tells it to target the windows and not a frame.

I can work html but never been any good at PhP, any help would be apreciated

Oh my, wish I knew how, I'm amazed I have got as far as I have with the total lack of knowledge. Don’t even know how to turn off java script, was hoping I would get a miracle and someone would have fixed this themselves and be able to pass on the know how.

Ah you mean turn it off on your browser, I could really do with it been corrected for everyone. I tried looking in the PHP (login.php). Somthing in the code that deals with Loging on has a redirect in there. I just need to change that function.  No idea where it is in all that Php or what to change it to when I do.

I tried turning off Java script and still the same fault.

I then disabled Java and it worked, well it loaded in the same frame but PHP didnt change to Logout, its says login still even tho u are.

Thing is id like it to just work for the users when they go to the site the first time and not have to make changes to settings within there browsers.

I hope this info helps point out where I need to go.

cheers for the help btw

Hmm... I don't think it's Javascript. I'm not sure why it does that. I suppose one would have to look through the code in phpBB - that is something which I don't want to do. You might want to try phpBB's forums. They probably know the code and can give you an answer. Also, why aren't you upgrading to the latest version (3).

You might also just want to not use frames, there is no reason to.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.