new site template

thewooleymammoth

I don't really like the background. These repeating background images is kind of '90ies IMO. Choose another font than the default (Times New Roman).

I know it still says it is under construction, but the links need another formatting to stand out. There aren't any anchor tags yet, but there are no styles defined to change the way they look either. The paper edges need some work as well, especially the bottom as it just ends.

Code-wise I'd suggest you to move to a table less layout. It's not a very complicated layout and is therefore easily changed. If you need help with that you can post in the HTML/CSS forums.

Oh, and it's spelled "Copyright", not "Copywrite" ;)

I don't really like the background. These repeating background images is kind of '90ies IMO. Choose another font than the default (Times New Roman).

I know it still says it is under construction, but the links need another formatting to stand out. There aren't any anchor tags yet, but there are no styles defined to change the way they look either. The paper edges need some work as well, especially the bottom as it just ends.

Code-wise I'd suggest you to move to a table less layout. It's not a very complicated layout and is therefore easily changed. If you need help with that you can post in the HTML/CSS forums.

Oh, and it's spelled "Copyright", not "Copywrite" ;)

whats the advantage of having a tableless layout?

Semantic markup, cleaner code, easier to change, bandwidth usage reduction, etc.. It also has something to do with what is called "separation of concerns". In web design you'd be talking about three layers: HTML, CSS and Javascript which are content, presentation and behavior. If you use tables for laying out your code then you will have moved some presentation into the content layer.

Semantic markup, cleaner code, easier to change, bandwidth usage reduction, etc.. It also has something to do with what is called "separation of concerns". In web design you'd be talking about three layers: HTML, CSS and Javascript which are content, presentation and behavior. If you use tables for laying out your code then you will have moved some presentation into the content layer.

i am strictly amature so ill explain the way i have it set up, hopefully you guys can tell me if its a horrible way of doing it.

tophalf.html

//top half of the html
<html>
<head>
<title>pagename</title>
</head>
<body> 
//everything to do with the coding goes here ex. table bg, size, width, exc...
<table>
  <tr>
   <td>
\\end of tophalf.html

bottomhalf.html

//bottum half of the html
  </td>
   </tr>
   <tr>
   <td>
   copyright VGhunters
  </td>
  </tr>
</table>
</html>
\\end of bottomhalf.html

then for actuall pages

<?php
include('tophalf.html');

echo"content goes here";

include('bottomhalf.html');
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.