Help with Divs

Drags111

???  :o

That's like asking us: "What size shoe should I buy so my feet stop sliding around in 'em so much"? :)

Show us what you mean (give us an example of your css and html to go by)

There are so many possible ways for us to guess what you mean that it would be impossible to help without any context.

So, the first guess would be to say: "don't designate any width or padding to your id or class ("div")".

yah sorry, I need to be more specific :S

Anyway the no height thing worked, but i got another question. I want to position another Div under the main content one, But it cant be a specific location, as the both will change due to the amount of text in them.

Look at the Div that says "welcome blah blah"

I wanna put something under that.

SynViews, sorry to hit you with this, but, your html structure is not in the least web standards compatible; your whole site will default to quirks mode therefore trying to get any cross-browser precision in layout using css will be literally impossible.

You may get away with getting by in IE, but modern browser will frustrate you to no end!

1st, for many reasons (including css can do it better),  frames are just not used anymore.

2nd, you have no doctype - if you MUST use frames, at the least, put this in your main frameset page:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd">

But, just loose the frames altogether, it will cause nothing but headaches with layout css and cross-browser rendering.

You've already decided that you want to do the right thing and use css instead of tables, take the first step and use proper, 1 page semantic html markup.

Dave

I'm going to agree with dbrimlow here and say break out of the frames before you your really get started. Besides for SEO purposes you're going to get knocked down for a frameset.

Also in your navbar2.html

A:link {text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: 99CC00;}

A:visited {text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: 99CC00;}

A:active {text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: 99CC00;}

A:hover {text-decoration: none; font-size:14; font-weight: bold; color: white;}

p {text-decoration: underline; color: white; font-size:18;font-weight: bold;}

why are you changing the font size so that the menu seems to be bouncing as you hover over it? It's just not good style practices these days. Keep a consistant font size and either change color or place a background color on the hover state.

Just a few tips to keep your site looking more professional, especially if your looking to attract advertisers / revenue streams at a later point

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.