How do I return to the original point of entry and hand back control?

X9183

I have a PHP application which after vetting, allows users to enter and once entry is granted $_SESSION and HTTP_REFERER are used within the application and all works fine. What I need to capture is the "pre-application" HTTP_REFERER, for the want of a better way of describing it. In order that I can store the information so that I can pass back control at the end of the PHP session. If that is the correct way of returning control. If it is not does anybody know the correct way??  ???

Hi,

Thanks for the suggested solution; But as you will see from my coding I have already tried it, What follows is the coding for the initial

PHP script as you see I have tried capturing the "pre application" HTTP_REFERER info.  It could very well be that I am not viewing it correctly

<?PHP session_start(); ob_start();

echo('HTTP_REFERER = ' .$_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']. "<BR>");

$refer = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];

echo('$refer = ' .$REFER. "<BR>");

$_SESSION['entrypoint'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];

$entry = $_SESSION['entrypoint'];

echo('$entry = ' .$entry. "<BR>"); ?>

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>VALIDATE USER</TITLE></HEAD>

<FORM action="check_login.php" id="primary" method="post"><BODY><CENTER><H3>USER VALIDATION</H3></CENTER><HR>

<CENTER><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>USER NAME:</TD><TD align=left><INPUT maxLength=45 size=50 name="user"></TD></TR>

<TR><TD>PASSWORD:</TD><TD align=left><INPUT maxLength=50 size=50 name="passcode"></TD></TR>

</TABLE></CENTER>

<CENTER><input value="SUBMIT" type="submit"></CENTER><BR><BR><HR>

<CENTER>Please check that the information you enter is correct</CENTER>

<br></FORM></BODY></HTML>

???

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.