PHP and MYSQL - connects 50% of the time

PC Nerd

Hi,

Ive recently come up with this problem - where any PHP script will connect to MySQL only about half the time.  the other half it will either tel me the server is not reqponding ( in phpmyadmin) - or not conenct and return errors with my own code - or the entire server wont respond.  Im working off localhost, using XMAPP 1.6.4 version.

It seems weird because the mysql administrator program says that everythign is working... green light.

Has anyone else come across this problem.  the only thing that I thought migh tbe causeing the problem is MySQL having a "max_query" per minute limit or something...

Has anyone got any suggestions on what may be causeing this and how to fix it?

Thanks for your time.

Hi, are you receiving any mysql connect errors or anything thats showing you the connection is failing?

Also, I tried that local server package you're using a while back, I ran into various issues with it (assuming you had a typo and what you're really using is called Xampp)

I switched to the Apache2Triad package and have never had any issues with it.

port check:

Apache <http> 80  C:\xampp\apache\bin\apache.exe

Apache <webDAV> 81  Free

Apache <HTTPS> 443 C:\xampp\apache\bin\apache.exe

MySQL          3306    C:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysqld-nt.exe

Firefilla <ftp> 21 Free

FireZilla <admin> 14147 free

Mercury <smtp> 25 free

Mercury <pop3> 110 free

mercury <imap> 143 free

im only using the MYSQL and apach and iot looks like the only ports being used are by a) those programs and b) not anothe rprogram

an other suggestions about it?

*** im running on localhost - not a purchased host etc ( howerver my purchased host does work with all my scripts (of corse ))

thnakx

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.