Your suggestions?

SirChick

I have an issue with one of my sites... although there will never be a perfect "cure" to this issue how ever was hoping you guys may be able to help me figure out a logical way to stop it.

Basically what is happening is say a user has 2 accounts (Which is against the rules anyway)... and some how have not been caught which is fair enough..

Now what they are doing is sending money to a external player who them passes it over to the other account so affectively there using a middle man technique to avoid my ip transfer block.

Now i am not asking for script here just some thoughts on it.. but what would you recommend I should implement into my system to reduce this annoyance... cos it is one of the hardest things to check up on and takes a fair amount of time to work out..

Hope you have some ideas :)

Perhaps enforce a time delay?

Failing that, check for duplicate accounts on signup!

Difficult to do that cos some people have genuine accounts even when they have same IP as others.

To some extent it is "OK" to have more than one account providing each account is not communicating with his/her others.

How would the time delay help in anyway?

yes and no... session_id() is unique to every browser...

if you open 2 seperate browsers, you'd have 2 seperate session_id()s...

it would stop people from just logging out, and signing up again... however if you want it to stop people completly... you'd need to check cookies or perhaps store their ip address in the database... verify against that :-)

=/ that wont stop middle man lol....

because middle man is:

IP1  sends to IP2  who then sends back to IP1 (but a different account).

Which is against the rules.. i currently block any similiar IP transfers.. but if they use a middle man is there a way the system can monitor such a thing..and highlight it for staff ?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.