[SOLVED] PHP hacks...

FredPenner

A clever hacker has devised a way to harvest copyrighted sight content from my site and display it on his webpage.  He uses PHP pages to embed my info in his site.  Is there some parameters that I could add to my data whcih would cause his PHP functions to fail? 

Thanks in advance,

FP

You could use javascript to display it...

<script type="text/javascript">
var var3 = " pizza, ";
var var1 = " I like ";
var var2 = " to eat ";
var var6 = " too?";
var var5 = " like it ";
var var4 = " do you ";
document.getElementById('display').innerHTML = var1+var2+var3+var4+var5+var6;
</script>

<div id="display"></div>

The above will display:

"I like to eat pizza do like it too?"

Make sure you re-arrange your variables so they are hard to read, and do not order them 1,2,3 like I did above use creative variables that are basically randomly named.

He basically takes my content, displays it on his site, and, has a function to display the detailed content information in a mouseover tips box:

onmouseover="Tip('My content</a>')"

I was hoping I could foul this function up by embedding some javascript code in my content that would automatically close his webpage when users viewed my content. I was thinking I could override the onmouseover function somehow. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,

QF

not sure what his page is like... but if you were to imbed this into your text

<script>
if(top.location != location) setTimeout("close()",0);
</script>

every time it gets called on, and not on your site, (assuming he's got primitive coding) it'll try to close that webpage

or its file_get_contents which will let him get it also

As far as I am aware file_get_contents would just copy everything in the source, so you'd get the same look and yet it'd have none of the functionality. So he won't have stolen your php codes, only the look of your site.

Could we see both yours and his websites? Maybe that'll give us a bigger/better picture.

Sam

I am pretty sure he is just parsing the RSS feed. He isn't hotlinking anything or using any of your generated html, he is simply taking the content that shows up in the RSS feed and putting the links on his own website (I think). There isn't much you can do about that but disallow the ip, which would be a simple and very affective fix.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.