How to use tables?

imhiya

I'm used to using iframes, but ive being told tables are better for buillding a website, with iframes you could define a webpage to that area. how would i do this in a table like i have a 3 by 3 table and i want the middle page to be news.html how would i go about this?

Also i am using dreamweaver for the first time.

<table width="#" height="#" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" class="classname">

<tr>

<td>Content Here</td>

</tr>

</table>

<table width="#" height="#" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" class="classname">

<tr>

<td>Content Here</td>

<td>Content Here</td>

</tr>

</table>

<tr>

<td>Content Here</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Content Here</td>

</tr>

</table>

Along the lines of that my friend.

tables aren't as good as CSS, but css is much harder to learn than html tables. and for basic stuff, tables do the trick, iFrames however, are always a bad idea. it's just bad design principle. for that matter, tables are too, now that css is used for everything. but for a beginner, you NEED to learn tables. it's very very simple. check out html tutorials online. all of them will cover tables.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.