Old Vs New

forumnz

I vote the new one ... I know its not filled yet but that will come... The styling says to me .. cleaner stronger bolder... I like simplistic designs ... I looks more professional being that talented with vector graphics a nice ribbon in red or orange or one of those award stars would look in place on the right side of the header.

Jos.

something I've come to realize, through creating a few sites and having them critiqued is that websites with dark themes make the visitor feel depressed and tired, if you look at youtube and myspace or facebook, or really any popular website most of them have lighter themes.

look at both my websites,

www.getyourlinkon.net (kind of a practice site)

and

www.vghunter.net

the first one was heavily criticized and the later was much more liked, i think partly because the first site had a very dark theme and and the second seems much brighter and more inviting. Just my opinion though, i don't think ill ever create a dark theme again

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.