Forums

MemphiS

Im at the stage on my site where im ready to start implementing a fourm.

IM wondering on whether to code the forum myself or use phpBB or vbulletin

Thanks for your thoughts.  My hestation on not coding it myself is that the forum will be just like everyone else not that you can really do much with a forum... :P

Well there are things you've got to consider when doing this sort of thing. I mean there is always the pleasure u will get if u manage to create your own forum from scratch and it also gives you the access to implement modifications in to it, in the future if thats what you intend to do.

But there is also the time. Do you have the patience and time to sit through the creation of the forum, and then the debugging process of it all.

Also with all the larger forums they are so easy to install and modify to carry over the same thing as your website that it is just as easy to go with one of those. So up to you but either way happy coding :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.