[SOLVED] Question about retrieving other page sources.

TheRsMonkey

Heres my problem.

I fairly new to php, and I don't know alot of functions, and I can't google my problem because it comes up with the opposite of what I want to do.

What I need to do is Login to a website, then retrieve the source of another page which you would need to be logged in for.

Some of my questions are:

How can I Post my Login details on another website using PHP?

Do cookies work in PHP(To show that I am logged in)?

Will I be able to retrieve the source of another page once logged in?

If you could show some examples of posting stuff in forms on other sites in php, and anything else that may help, that would be awesome.

Much thanks in advance,

The_Rs_Monkey

If you could show some examples of posting stuff in forms on other sites in php ...

Sounds like a recipe for automated spam to me.  Explain why you need this and perhaps someone will help (although they may have trouble understanding your question)

I do not plan on spamming any sites, and if I were too (which would be useless), I definitely wouldn't be using a sever-side language. I plan on using this info on what I exactly said above. (Logging into a site and then retrieving a webpage's source code).

Also, Thanks for your post MadTechie, curl might be what I was looking for. I will check back tommorrow, it is almost 11 PM and I need to get some sleep.

Many thanks,

The_Rs_Monkey

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.