Help with concept name (reading external URLs, then parsing content)

phpwiley

I am continuing to learn PHP and usually I do ok with online tutorials and examples -- I can learn a given concept fairly quickly. 

I don't know the accepted name for the following concept -- if someone could give me the name, abbreviation, or a phrase that accurately describes the following, it will help me find tutorials/samples so I can learn it:

CONCEPT:  code that reads multiple (x) pages with a certain frequency (y times per day), parses the contents of each page, inserts rows of "found data" into a MySQL database and then allows a user to view a condensed report from that database.

SPECIFIC APPLICATION: I am helping a group of biodiesel enthusiasts who need to be able to search multiple cities of the Craigslist service for diesel cars.  The process of going to DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Richmond, etc., is very time consuming, and in addition results based on the keyword DIESEL contains a lot of unwanted large trucks (RAM 3500, Ford 350, etc.)  By having some code that reads all of these city URL's, and then inserts the results into a DB, we can then weed out the trucks from the cars based on more specific keywords (omit RAM, 3500, 350, CHEVY, CHEVROLET, etc. and include TDI, VW, Volkswagen, MB, Mercedes, 300, 300D, etc.)

Thank you for any tips on the name of this concept so that I can more effectively teach myself how to accomplish this.

:)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.