php read address bar

asklingo

Hello all,

How do we read addressbar with php?

I know what to do but I can not figure out how.

I have links in a webpage. I want to direct these pages to another page of mine with two frames. One containing Ads and the other containing the "real target" of the link which is an external page.

For example if the link is to yahoo, after clicking the link,on the target window, there will be two frames (or tabel whatever).On the left, I want to display Ads and on the right, the content of yahoo. After clicking something in yahoo, whole window is to be used, so I dont want to use frames.

Does anyone has an idea on how to do this with?

Can it be getting the address from address bar something like something.php?www.yahoo.com

???

Sorry if I was not clear.

What I want in the final page is;

Address bar : http://www.something.com/links.php?www.yahoo.com

Browser Window will contain two parts. These two parts maybe 20% left and 80% right.

One will have some Advertisment and the other part will contain yahoo.com contents.

When someone visiting this page clicks a link at yahoo, whole browser window will be used.

thnx

You can $_GET the destination.

http://www.something.com/links.php?destination=www.yahoo.com

then load destination to the right frame and Ad on left(i dont know how to use frames, that was N years ago)

"When someone visiting this page clicks a link at yahoo, whole browser window will be used."

I don't think this is possible, because if someone clicks on yahoo's link, it's THEIR website (they choose whether to break out of frames). but there may be a way other experts here may know how to manipulate that

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.