query finds same report 4 times

SirChick

I have a query which loads up a list in order of two groups... this is sort what it does:

Say you have a list of reports in a database.. each report has chat logs and these are on a different table.

Now what im trying to do is order them firstly so that the users that are not staff are the priority in the list and then the staff, and then that is ordered by time ASC like so:

User - 3 days ago

User - 2 days ago

User - 2 minutes ago

Staff - 10 days ago

Staff - 7 days ago

You see what i mean ?

$GetAppeals = mysql_query("(SELECT * FROM `reportsituation` a LEFT JOIN `staff` b 
ON a.SaidBy != b.UserID ORDER BY a.SaidBy, a.Saidtime) UNION ALL 
(SELECT * FROM `reportsituation` c LEFT JOIN `staff` d ON c.SaidBy=d.UserID 
ORDER BY a.SaidBy, a.Saidtime)")
or die(mysql_error()); 

EDIT:

Ok just updating this as i fixed the error but its coming out in my while loop 4 times rather than just the once. For one of the records. I think its looping it for every 1 message that has occured in the chatlogs for the report and there are 4 in total so its showing it 4 times.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.