ClockingIT - time and project tracker

neylitalo

I quote the ClockingIT website: "ClockingIT is a hosted application for tracking all your tasks, issues, projects and time spent, with a focus on software development and handling large amounts of tasks." And it's absolutely amazing, too. :)

The creators (a husband-and-wife team in Norway) have placed a heavy emphasis on efficiency, ease of use, and functionality - to add a task, you click a link that's permanently located on the top bar, type in the information, and submit it. To start working on the task, you just click an icon next to the task in the list, and it starts a timer. To stop working on the task and record the work performed, you click the icon again, and it takes you to a screen to summarize the work you've done.

And all work is kept separate - when you sign up, you get a subdomain of clockingit.com. So if you were to sign up with the username "example", you'd get the subdomain "example.clockingit.com". You can add projects, add co-workers, assign co-workers to certain projects, and give them certain permissions within their project, so you don't have to worry about people seeing projects that they aren't a part of.

A very efficient and functional reporting system makes it easy to generate billing information, workload summaries, and other analyses of information recorded. A bug tracker is built right in, and while it's not as powerful as Bugzilla or Mantis (my personal favorite full-featured bug tracker), it has everything I need to keep a record of the bugs I work on. And when they let you add avatars for users and add a logo to replace the ClockingIT logo, they give you everything you need to use ClockingIT as your company's time tracking system. And - the icing on the cake - If you're worried about having your data on someone else's servers, feel free to download the source and set it up on your corporate intranet.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.