GNU General Public license

tkm

Yes I tried and what I could make out of it is that the application is intend for Open source application only. Since my company's website is not an open source application, I guess I won't be able to use that piece of code, is that right???

Oh! okay...we are not selling that piece of code..only 'will use in our website and inhouse web application to make it more efficient for the website viewers/users. So I believe I can use it....thank you for your view on this....

Oh! okay...we are not selling that piece of code..only 'will use in our website and inhouse web application to make it more efficient for the website viewers/users. So I believe I can use it....thank you for your view on this....

No worries, but you should remember this. Its almost impossible to copyright html or javascript and pretty much everyone borrows from everyone on the internet. Unless you save a website to file and then use it on your own with exactly the same images and everything you don't need to worry about copyright when it comes to html/javascript.

In regards to your thing if its in house and your not some massive company and the code isn't copied line by line then you should be fine, its hard to prove you own a particular bit of code when theres millions of websites that use that bit of code lol.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.