Creating new databases on the fly?

chiefrokka

I'm new with php but I've read tutorials and created 2 football scripts over the winter and I'm trying to sell them now.  php Pickems and php Squares.  found at www.phpPicks.com

Right now they have to purchase and I have to send them the actual script for them to install on their own mysql database.  What I'm looking into doing is something like fantasy sports on Yahoo so people can pay and sign up to create a League on MY domain so they don't have to install anything. 

- What's the best way to do this?  I'm using GoDaddy as my hosting and I think I get 10 free databases then I have to pay more probably.

- Can you create a new database on the fly when people purchase a football script? 

- should I have one general database and change all my code so it runs off that one?  it would be a pain to have to redo all the code to work with like this somehow

- how do I go about giving them their own domain such as www.phpPicks.com/Squares/101 and the next purchase would get /102 and then /103 and so on.  This would be the domain their league would be shown at.

thanks. 

-chief

• The best way to do it would have probably been to design the application with this idea in mind from the start. As it stands now, you will most likely need a new copy of the application for each client.
  • Of course.
  • This is really up to you. As I said, if you had designed the application with this in mind from the start, there wouldn't be a problem.
  • That is simply a subdirectory within your domain, nothing special here.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.