[SOLVED] String retrieval help

psychowolvesbane

I have a string "Ash?Black?Orange?Red?Yellow?White?" that is created by concatenating multiple results from a checkbox selection on a  form, and I know need to retrieve each value or colour name that occurs before the character "?" and place them into an array, then display all the contents of that array. Can you show me how that can be done?

The variable that contains the string is $AvailableColoursStr and the variable $ToFind = "?", and the output should be in a variable called $AvailableColours.

I still think the output should have some method of array extraction, atm it seems only capable of displaying normal values.

$AvailableColoursStr = $record['AvailableColours']; (Input)

$AvailableColours = implode(", ",explode($ToFind, $AvailableColoursStr)); (Process)

<p><?php echo "Available Colours: " . $AvailableColours; ?></p> (Output)

Well the only parts that concern this are those lines and a single line that defines $toFine with:

$tofind = "?";

As I mentioned before the rest of the code works already, I'm just adding a new feature to it in a very localized area.

Also if you need a reminder:

$AvailableColoursStr ="Ash?Black?Orange?Red?Yellow?White?" or something similar depending on what colours were chosen in a separate form.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.