Ranking system help needed.

murhapuro

Hello

I have a star rating system on my pages at the time and i would also like to rank all my pages. This would mean that each time someone visits that page, the script would then check from mysql database the page id (primary key),  then add 1 views, and then record the ip address the connection came from (it would not add 1 to views, if that ip had visited that page before). If the same user visits another page, it would record 1 views if he never had been there before. Each time that page would load, the script would compare all hundreds of pages and tell the user "Restaurant Evian, Paris ranked 34 / 422". So it would check how many pages are in the database through primary key id, then see where would it rank between the rest of them.

How hard would it be to code this? My skills are not good enough, but if someone wan't to help me build it i can donate some coffee money (paypal). I would really need this one, it would help me to sort out the most popular pages.

Thank You

Murhapuro

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.