start_session() if Cookies disabled?

iwannabeleet

I'm still having a terrible time with this. ISSET seems to return false until the second page load, and I have to know on the initial, first run of the homepage whether the cookie was accepted, but anytime I try to test for it all of the ISSETS return false until the page is reloaded.

I know i'm missing something obvious here, can someone noob-slap me in the right direction pls?  ???

found this in the manual:

Cookies will not become visible until the next loading of a page that the cookie should be visible for. To test if a cookie was successfully set, check for the cookie on a next loading page before the cookie expires.

My problem is that I'm using a cookie to mark whether a certain action (which is only to be done once, upon first page load) is done. If the user has cookies disabled, this action will repeat over and over again. Any advice on working around this issue?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.