Basic structure of a PHP5 Webproject

tempi

Hi there,

Till now I normally created an Index site and included the sites with "index.php?id=news". I created a folder "sites" with all the site-includes.

for example include("sites/news.inc.php")

I saved the database connection information into a db.inc.php and included it in the index.php.

This was not object orientated programming and I intend to change that.

I was wondering if there is a good tutorial/template for a php5 (OOP) database-webproject.

How to arrange the classes & files? File structure? How to manage Database connections, where shall I save the connection params?

And so on....

Any hints?

Thanks

Tempi

You can use smarty templet parsing engine to implement the MVC architecture in your php application

What does smarty have to do with mvc? Smarty is a template engine, not an mvc implimentation. Sure a template engine can be used within a framework that provides an mvc, but smarty itself does not impliment that design.

As for the op's question. There really is no definative answer. Its all a matter of preference.

Implimenting the mvc pattern can make your projects easier to maintain, but it has little to do with where you place your files.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.