[SOLVED] Event Calendar

karatekid36

I have a table of event that I would love to have displayed in a calendar where the title of the event is listed in the calendar square of the respective day.  I can generate the calendar dynamically using php, but I am unsure how to get the dates into a calendar at all with the dates of the calendar and the date of the event matching.  If anyone has any ideas or examples, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Like you said, first you create an event calendar system where all it does is generate the calendar with the dates respectively.  Once you've done that, for each date you'd check if it falls between the start date and end date of an event.  If it does display the event.

I 100% agree, but another problem I am having is that I have only generated calendars in the past where it just adds days until the counter reaches that max value I allow it.  As of this minute, I can not envision a way to do it so that I would be able to have a query in each calendar day(obv using a loop or a while), but I have seen these types of calendars everywhere.

I know you've sent me a few PMs about this, and I'm not really willing to share the script I worked on only because I'm selling it.

But what I did was just load the entire month's events into an array and just echo'd it out for each day as I built the calendar layout.

I appreciate the honesty, I am in the same spot.  I am making this in the hopes of being able to turn it into a large scale membership systems for some of the local yacht clubs and organizations of that nature near where I live.  Your solution seemed perfect, but I will just have to work with the array one my own I guess.  Have a good one. 

This is a hard one and there isn't many tutorials out there. There are plent of calendar tutorials but not many event ones.

It took me a while to work out how to do mine.

Get a simple calendar script working and learn how it works. Then we can help push you in the right direction of adding in the events

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.