div element drag handle zindex

glenelkins

Hi

I have a load of <div> elements absolutely positioned within an editable textarea field. These objects can be dragged with the drag handle that appears on the selected div element

I had to write a quick javascript function to bring the selected div element to zIndex 1 ( on top of all others ) so we can see the item we have dragged above all others:

Div = document.getElementById ( "divelementidhere" );

Div.style.zIndex = 1;

The issue is the drag handle on the top doesnt come to the front like the element itself does. Is there a way to change the handles zIndex as well?

hi

the elements are dragable when you use an IFRAME on a textarea to edit HTML code. When you click an absolute positioned element it creates a drag handle on the top

The javascript brings the selected element to zindex 1, but the drag handle doesnt come to the front with it

make sense?

hi

lets change this here. Say i wrote the javascript to make an element dragable. How would i then enable the new div position HTML code be posted to a php script for saving? As the html code doesnt actually change on the fly in the page source?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.