Encrypt PHP/mysql Output

rubing

There are a number of programs out there such as htmlprotect, which will encrypt your html source code, while still letting it be accessible to browsers.  I am particularly interested in doing this to my hyperlinks.

Unfortunately, the aforementioned program does not work on php/mysql output.  I would like to have the hyperlinks outputted from my mysql database by php be encrypted in the source code and not easily viewable unless clicked on.  This would offer a measure of security and detterent from would be cloners as my hyperlinks are my most valuable hard earned data!!  Thank-you all for any advice.  You are wonderful people!!  Well, not all of you, but most of you, Yes!!  Especially, anyone who gives me an answer.  Peace!

also if I remember correctly the status bar decodes it, so you'll want to sort that if you use it...

as for user's seeing it, goes a little like:

<a href='0177.0000.0000.0001?cmd=%5f%78%63%6c%69%63%6b'>linky</a>

by way this isn't encryption, it's encoding

it is possible to encrypt the GET part of the link totally using whatever algorithm you want but you need to work your protocol out and implement it on both sides...

Really cool stuff!!  I'm still a noob, so might take a while to fully understand and implement.  So, I guess these links will not be readable, but they could still be copied and used??

Maybe I should just copy the output of my php page and then encrypt it as html....sort of defeats the dynamic aspect and makes a lot of extra work!

Maybe I should just copy the output of my php page and then encrypt it as html....

HTML is a markup language, maybe you could call it an encoding, but definitely not encryption! What your wanting to do is encode your html, I believe you just use hex or octal etc...

it's not what your after, give me a moment to find that but this might interest you...

Hex: 0x7f.0x00.0x00.0x01
Octal: 0177.0000.0000.0001

try on your local server...

Tinker, 

I attempted putting this code in my web page both in the body and in links, but it didn't do anything.  Am I missing something. ???  Thanks!!

Encoding, does not seem like it would afford much protection then  ???

For now I have settled on encrypting php's html output by using HTMLProtector.  I guess it encrypts and decrypts on the fly using some fancy javascript programming.

My data has limited inherent value as database information.  I am really trying to thwart the UNLIKELY would be leacher of this data for use in the same narrow time window (~ 1 week max),  Since there are similar websites to mine.  Moreover, I am confident my competitors do not have a master coder such as yourself on the dockett.

My data has limited inherent value as database information.  I am really trying to thwart the UNLIKELY would be leacher of this data for use in the same narrow time window (~ 1 week max),  Since there are similar websites to mine.  Moreover, I am confident my competitors do not have a master coder such as yourself on the dockett.

can I get a decoder for your cryptic speak?

OK.

---------ENCRYPTER OFF-----------------------

The information I am trying to hide isn't that valuable and doesn't need to be protected for very long.  It pertains to entertainment type events in my town.  However, I don't want some other dude or newspaper or something to just swipe it off my site and use it on theirs.  Since, I am putting so much work into getting it.

----------ENCRYPTER ON--------------------------

Yes, but you have no reason to.  Why would you waste your time prying open what are for you some 'child proof' locks on my website.  Just for the lame challenge??  I highly doubt it!

However, I am sure there are people who would pay for a program that would do this automatically, if it doesn't already exist.  $$

Yes, but you have no reason to.  Why would you waste your time prying open what are for you some 'child proof' locks on my website.  Just for the lame challenge??  I highly doubt it!

However, I am sure there are people who would pay for a program that would do this automatically, if it doesn't already exist.  $$

I take the child locks off stuff all the time that is what I get paid to do!

hmmm very interesting!  I was searching the web for an article of this kind, but could not find it.  Thank you!

My website is over at http://www.birminghammusiclive.com.  This website gives weekly listings of live music and hyperlinks directly to musician pages.  It takes a lot of time to look up all those bands and retrieve all the links, music category, etc...

Of course, anybody can look up a band name at myspace for themselves.  So, its really not that valuable.  The main value is in the convenience that it affords users.  I highly doubt they would pay for this information.  Maybe if I could also tell them all the cover charges and other kind of stuff...I don't know.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.