[SOLVED] How to determine the installation requirement of a PHP software

greenberry

Dear all,

Recently I'm developing a PHP software. I wonder how could I determine the installation requirement of the program, such as PHP version, the settings for the options of the PHP engine, the required PHP extensions, etc. Is there any package that I can run to examine my scripts and then automatically output a requirement list?

Thanks in advance, your help is very much appreciated!

You can download WAMP (www.wamp-server.com) and install it. After that type in your Internet browser: localhost and you will get all the info about current install.

Good thing about new WAMP server 2 is that you can install any version of Apache, PHP and MySQL and use any of these versions just by clicking on them.

Try it, it's working fine for me.

I'm developing it with a very well loaded environment. But when I distribute it, I'd like to know the minimum requirement. For example, I used a function "file_put_contents" whith is only available from PHP version 5. If I'd deploy the software on a server that has a PHP engine with a version lower than 5, I'll come up some extra code to make the software ok on the server. My question is, before I wrap up the software, and without having to manually inspect every function and/or feature I used, is it possible to easily determine the minumun requirement of my software.

Thanks,

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.