error with fsockopen function

tkm

Hello Guys,

I am trying to open a socket with server on port 443 with php's fsockopen function . I am getting error. I have increased the time-out value with no success.

What are the factors that could be generating the error? Any help would be much appreciated.

if (!$sock = @fsockopen(((strtolower($protocol) == "https://")?"ssl://":"").$server, $port, $errno, $errstr, $this->connect_timeout)) {

$this->log .= "Could not open connection. Error "

.$errno.": ".$errstr."<br />\n";

return false;

}

the above is my code and I am getting the above error to say I can't open a connection...

Thank you.....

The error number I got is 0. Interestingly the errstr is "The operation completed successfully". This is after I took out @ sign and ran the script again.

Thank you for trying to sort this out for me....

But I think "Bauer418" gave me a "could-be" reason for the issue. I have HTTPS option off with my PHP. And don't see any SSL info on my phpinfo() script. I believe I need to add the library of ssl with PHP. Bro any good resource link on that? Let me give a search in google,..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.