Webform with double confirmation opt-in,how to get it done ?Please advice.

moneytree

Hi everyone,

I had written the following html code for my webform and link it to my autoresponder account which provided by my web hosting company.

My objective for this webform is to offer free gifts like ebook to visitor who visited my site and opt-in for it.It has a double confirmation for opt-in to avoid any spam issue.It will sent out the first visitor confirmation to that particular visitor with a confirmation opt-in link after his/her opt-in,he/she need to click on that link in order to double confirmed they have opt-in for the free gifts.They will receive the second cofirmation with the down load link for the free gifts.

Please kindly assist and advice me on how to get it done.

Thank you.

Best regards

Manicui

Attached with my webform code for your advice :

<html>

<body>

<form METHOD="post" ENCTYPE="text/plain" ACTION="mailto:moneytree@moneymakeyourich.com">

<h3 align="center">Get your Free Gifts!<h3>

First Name :

<input type="text" name="FirstName" size="20">

<br>

Last Name :

<input type="text" name="LastName" size="20">

<br>

Email Address :

<input type="text" name="Emailaddress" size="20">

<br>

<input type="Submit" value="submit">

</form>

<p>Important:I will never share your informations with anyone !

And you can unsubscribe at any time</p>

</body>

</html>

• 2 months later...

The best way would be to use PHP.  You would also have to use a database.  Your PHP would add the email address to the database and send out an email to that account, with a link to another PHP document, with a sessid, or some other identification, attached to the url.  The linked document would query the database and figure out which account and then say the gift is okay to send.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.