Creating filters on display page

I am working on a page that I want to post data in a table from my database, but I want to be able to sort and apply filters to the data some way.  I would like to have check boxes to add/remove catergories from the list, and buttons to sort alphabetically and by posting date. Could someone recommend a site with some good information on doing this?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've created filtered lists with DW MX 2004 and an extension by Interakt called MX Kollection (no longer supported, since Adobe bought Macromedia).  If you look around the net, you maybe able to find a free 30 day trial download, which is fully functional.  MX Kollection has tutorials included that show you how to use the extension step-by-step.  Part of the extension is NexTenso, which creates both filtered lists and forms.

If you are not good or new to hand coding, this is a simple way to build this type of function.  I've used these extensions to create functions quickly and to learn how to hand code.  My goal is still to learn to code by hand and not rely on these type of extensions, but in a pinch, they work alright.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.