PHP Playlist?

adredz

i've been searching all over the internet hoping to find some handy samples of PHP playlist but i couldn't find one that's very basic. it's my homework and i need a sample or template which i could fork out my own version from. i don't know how to do it from scratch. i know this is more than just a "how to" thing but i need it bady, you gotta help me do this...this might be my last resort of help coz i'm really burnt out googling...btw, i'm new here...hope i'm welcome... :)

guys, i appreciate you replies very much but i don't really understand them that much. i mean i got the logic but i don't know the right syntax. would you help me? i got a sample code from daniweb.com but i can't seem to work it out. im using a localhost server so basically i'll be using /localhost/playlist.php something path...

here's the code...

<?php

$song = $_GET['song'];

echo '<a href="/jacobsite/music.php?song=Shpadoinkle.mp3">Shpadoinkle</a><br/>';

echo '<a href="/jacobsite/music.php?song=Dani_California.mp3">Dani California</a><br/>';         

echo '<embed qtsrc='.$song.' height"256" width="320" src='.$song.' type="image/x-quicktime" 

pluginspage="[http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/]" autoplay="true">';

?>

obviously it won't work with the localhost. now my question is how would i link my mp3 files to this. i have the mp3 files saved in a diffrent folder named mp3 on the www folder under wamp folder.(i've installed wamp server myself, im pretty sure you guyz are familiar with this) and then i saved it(mp3 folder) on a folder named playlist together with my playlist.php file...any help pls???you could edit the code above if wouldn't mind....

guys, i appreciate you replies very much but i don't really understand it that much. i mean i got the logic but i don't know the right syntax. would you help me? i got a sample code from daniweb.com but i can't seem to work it out. im using a localhost server so basically i'll be using /localhost/playlist.php something path...

here's the code...

<?php

$song = $_GET['song'];

echo '<a href="/jacobsite/music.php?song=Shpadoinkle.mp3">Shpadoinkle</a><br/>';

echo '<a href="/jacobsite/music.php?song=Dani_California.mp3">Dani California</a><br/>';         

echo '<embed qtsrc='.$song.' height"256" width="320" src='.$song.' type="image/x-quicktime" 

pluginspage="[http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/]" autoplay="true">';

?>

obviously it won't work with the localhost. now my question is how would i link my mp3 files to this. i have the mp3 files saved in a diffrent folder name mp3 in the www folder under wamp folder.(i've installed wamp server myself, im pretty sure you guyz are familiar with it) and then i saved it(mp3 folder) on a folder named playlist together with my playlist.php file...any help pls???you could edit the code above if wouldn't mind....

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.