Problem limiting the number of digits displayed in Phpmyadmin column

OfficeAngel

A while back I was searching for a way to limit the number of digits displayed in phpmyadmin without using the (M,D) method and I found it at a forum and used it and it works like a charm, but now I cannot remember how to set it back or change it to a different length.

At that time I used the code to set phpmyadmin to display 6 digits so now this is how the floating numbers look:

Now I need more digits to be visible but do not remember the code.

It was something simple using "set" or "@" or both that could be typed at the command line or in the length/value table structure box in phpmyadmin. I typed it into the  length/values structure box and it has continued to work ever since but the code I typed in did not remain visible like (M,D) does.

In efforts to solve the problem:

I have dropped tables and re-uploaded tables but this has no affect.

The code is not in the sql files that I download when I back up my databases.

I have searched through config files for php, phpmyadmin and mysql.

I thought I bookmarked the forum where I originally found the forum but have thoroughly searched and cannot find it.

I have searched through all my notes and can't find it.

I have searched google and yahoo for months through several hundreds of pages of search results to find it but to no avail.

I am temporarily using (M,D) in the length/value structure box which overrides it but if I take that out it reverts back.  I had wanted to shorten it orginally so the numbers wouldn't be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long.

mysql version is: 5.0.27 although I don't think this is pertinent here.

myphpmyadmin version is: 2.7.0-pl2  but don't think this is pertinent here either.

I hope someone out there has an answer.  It was a pretty advanced forum in my opinion.

Thanks

This seemed to be the most appropriate category for me to post this question since I manage my mysql databases using phpmyadmin. 

No one expects you to have ALL the answers, so it is ok to simply tell someone that you do not know the answer rather than trying to humiliate them Fenway.

No one expects you to have ALL the answers, so it is ok to simply tell someone that you do not know the answer rather than trying to humiliate them Fenway.

You've been a member of these forums for less than 72 hours and you've already decided that I'm humiliating you by asking a simple question so that I can tailor my response.  Ask around... see what the general consensus is before jumping to conclusions.

That being said, there's a "precision" variable that you can set in php.ini... and since I assume phpmyadmin uses php, that may be helpful.

The problem is not with all columns in all my sql databases, it is only with the 4 columns containing floating numbers in one of the databases that I used the code on, so I doubt php.ini is the answer as I have checked that already before writing here and I think this would affect all my databases. 

I also did not originally set it in php.ini  but directly through the length/value structure of the individual columns.

I am still trying to find the forum I originally found the code in and have found some specific phpmyadmin forums out there that I will ask.

By the way, Yes,  I have been a member for little more than 72 hours and for the past 68 hours I have regretted joining this forum and have been trying to delete my account and would appreciate it if someone would delete all my posts as well. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.