ie loads slower than firefox?

gingar

Hi guys,

I've got this website. It loads quite fast in firefox, like in a matter of 2-5 seconds.. but in ie 6, it takes more than 1 minute to load the same page!

I ran the microtime, and time elapsed in IE (time elasped B :0.12592887878418 secs) is similar to that of the time elapsed in firefox (time elasped B :0.12102603912354 secs).

So it appears IE took a gazillion years to display the page.. any idea why?

I've got lotsa tables and div tags.. does it affect? Images have been optimised as well.

another qns, does 'views' in mysql help run queries faster than combing multiple tables @ runtime?

Hi!

Okay I see. Also the page is loading slow here at home for me. It takes several seconds to load this page.

Maybe you IE loads at first everything and then shows it to you. Because of you large images it takes time ;)

And why are you using frames?

-----

I looked a little bit closer and I think it takes so long because of you mass of javascript.

Also your code is not valid. 156 errors ;)

With IE6 it took 50 seconds to complete the page load

With FF2 it took 48 seconds to complete the page load

Thats on a cable modem connection.  Problem is all about the image loading time. If they're all reasonably optimised and all sourced from your web server, the problem is your web server's slow.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.