email with attachment

newagekat

hello:

I'm a first timer.  I was told to paste my request here as well as on chat. 

I can read php and even modify it somewhat, but i cannot write it from scratch. 

I have created an HTML application form. It's in 4 parts, but only the last 3 parts  and file attachment needs to be sent.  Validation is being handled by javascript.

Currently,

• the form is being emailed, but we are not able to incorporate all the parts of the form
  • the email address of the sender is incorrect
  • the file attachment does not work.

However, the person who did this for me must have missed something because I get the following errors from the sendmail script:

When use clicks send, the resulting screen says:

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/akebc/public_html/nce/sendemail.php on line 130 (now line 635)

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/akebc/public_html/nce/sendemail.php on line 169 (now line 674)

Your application has been sent successfully.

as this application has a deadline of Feb 10, and it is a national event, I absolutely must have this working today.  Any help would be much appreciated.  I can't really give back in terms of php help, but i would be willing to assist with CSS if someone has a questions or needs assistance.  otherwise, I can make a donation.

Please view my code here http://phpfi.com/292818.  includes the javascript, the form, the php code for email/attachment.

We are using a linux server

Server info:

PHP version      4.4.7

MySQL version    4.1.22-standard

Path to sendmail      /usr/sbin/sendmail

kp

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.