mp3 on a webpage

aniesh82

I want to put an mp3 on a webpage so people can listen to it.  I don't want it in the background playing automatically.  I would think a play button/slider thing would work.  What are my options?

Right now I have a hyperlink pointing to the file.  When you click on it, it will play, but I want something more professional.

right there isnt anything else loool :) you could have links to direct ppl to download flash if they can't load the mp3 right.

Otherwise i use

<object> and <embed> tags and php with links like

www.mysite.com/?play=3456

and then that 3456 number is the ID of the link (URL) on the database.

and have something like this.

<object src="$ID">

dont know if all this makes sense but you know it has alot of coding in it so you know....

PS hope it helps

Your options:

• Embed a flash player to play the music file (works in just about every browser nowadays)
  • Embed a windows media player plugin on the page and play the MP3 file (not working on linux or mac)
  • Direct the users to a link which they can load into their own media player

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.