.htaccess question

Looktrne

I have been updating a script for some customers...

I have IP's blocked through .htaccess and a custome error code page when ip's are blocked...

alot of the .htaccess look totally different from mine and when I try to use mine it locks up the server... like the code is incompatible how do I know what type of .htaccess file to use on what type of server?

mine looks like this

php_flag php_sessions On
php_flag allow_call_time_pass_reference On
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc On
php_value memory_limit 64M
php_value upload_max_filesize 5m

<Files 403.shtml>
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Files> 

ErrorDocument 403 /403.php

but when I try to use on some servers no go.. they all seem to be apache servers

they all seem to be apache servers

Funny that, seeing as .htaccess files store local apache configurations. ie; They are made for apache.

As for your .htaccess file, I see nothing out of the ordinary. Are the servers different versions? And if so what are they?

The documentation for all php.ini directives can be found here. Some are specific to certain php versions and some can only be set in the global php.ini or httpd.conf file.

I can't see any documentaion for php_session at all. Maybe thats an issue.

As a side note, I would highly recommend disabling magic_quotes_gpc, its much better to escape incomming data yourself and it is being removed altogether in php6.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.