expanding upon www.postlets.com

BradleyBrokers

IMHO the developers of www.Postlets.com have accomplished a very cool and useful php application: In short, a user completes a "universal form" and then the host has been scripted to post the info from the "universal form" to various websites using webforms. In the end, classified ads are posted at multiple websites with just one form being completed.

Several months back, I hired a freelancer who said that he could write a this script for me which would be tailored for admin. use on my website, www.BradleyBrokers.com with my target websites being bizbuysell.com, loopnet.com, MBBI.org and a couple of other sites... The freelancer was a waste of time and money. I answered tons of his questions, but did not receive a line of code in return in over three months! Uuhg.

Well, I want to get back-up on the horse and start the proccess myself. I know that there are many, many, different methods to frame the scripting-scope of the project. I know I am in for some pulling-out my own hair... But if anyone could advise on a way to start, I would be thankful for the direction. Cheers!

It is difficult to measure my own comfort level with programming. I am not a "youngster" and my college programming days --back in the horse-and-buggy--- were in languages that most here may never have seen.

However, I am a quick learn. I did pick-up many PHP skills rather fast. HTML, a little Flash, and a hodge-podge of this-andthat. I have a couple of handy-dandy ref. books at my side which I use as a crutch. I have also read cover-to-cover Michael Schrenk's Webbots, Spiders,..., but found that many of his cURL snipits are too thin to help.

So, to answer your question, I am somewhere in zombi-land with skills: Very much among the undead.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.